Our Journey

This is our final year at Bath Spa University, and the Hatched blog is a record of our journey towards the Free Range Show in July 2011.
The countdown begins, and the work is forming...
Keep up to date with what we are doing by following us.

Sunday 21 November 2010

Michala Pike

Artist of the Week: 21st November 2010



"My work focuses on the tactile and the touchable. The art is in the making and creating textures. I use materials such as wax, clay, wood, and plaster to enhance the tactile qualities. I want poeple to be able to connect to my pieces by sight and by touch, as these are really important senses to me. Because of my bad eyesight, I have connected to objects through touch, and I feel I can understand the pieces I am touching so much better than if I had just looked at them. There is nothing worse than being told I cannot touch an artwork or to even stand near it - it totally ruins the experience. So my work tries to encourage people to engage with the work the way I would."





Michala Pike, 2010




No comments:

Post a Comment